Monday, July 15, 2013

A TO Z

Back to the court records we go.

Nothing exciting jumped out and I did not really want to go through all the thousands of records from A to Z.

Tedious!

So I thought I would look at the very first record and the very last record.

 
 
 
Nothing except headers here (Someday they are going to call this "metadata.")
 
However, I found it interesting to see that both the first and last records are for first degree murder.
 
Not wishing to skew the data I took another tack.
 
There was page after page after page after page of these headers.
 
I went to the middle of these headers for crimes committed in New York City during the last decade of the 1800's and the first two decades of the 1900's.
 
And I came up with poor Irving Mendelsohn and friends
 
 
Well, we got four guys listed as defendants but not on charges as exciting as first degree murder.

Election fraud is not exciting but it is serious.

So we have the prosecutor demeaning his own case. He seems to be saying that he does not prosecute anything except the most serious cases; not those simply of technical fault.





















Politics; that always seems to be the final question.




©W. Tomosky♠









No comments:

Post a Comment