Saturday, May 18, 2013

CONEY ISLAND

Now - - - I really liked Moosic - - -and Rocky Glen was a great amusement park - - - but I had to brag about Coney Island.

However, I first had to explain why anyone would go to Coney Island.

For me it was just the escape from the hustle-and-bustle of times square. Anyone can see how busy it was.


And once you got out of that area you had to fight your way downtown and past Cortlandt Street where Tammany Hall and Monk Eastman had set up shop.


And then across the Brooklyn Bridge - - - you know - - - the one that Roebling built.






I think the kids had the most fun in Coney Island


But the girls sure were pretty in their bathing dresses.











This is the mobbed entrance to Coney Island. Everybody is dressed up. Probably a holiday.


I never got inside dreamland. It was a big miss for me.

 
This slide is prettier than Rocky Glen's but not as fast.
 











































But now it is going all modern on us. Oh well.




©W. Tomosky♠

No comments:

Post a Comment